Recent studies have shown that a Canadian consumes approximately 8 kg of pasta per year. Faced with this situation, the sale of pasta machines has experienced unprecedented enthusiasm in recent years. Very easy to use, they facilitate the preparation of fresh pasta. The taste of homemade pasta is much better compared to dry pasta in the supermarket. In addition, the use of this type of machine, like the bread machine , allows you to make a lot of savings, since it requires very few ingredients for the preparation. If you have decided to invest in a Pasta Machine, you will find in this article the important criteria that should be taken into account before making your choice.. You should know that this kitchen accessory cannot be bought just anyhow. Also, we are going to provide the best advice to help you use your pasta machine properly. That’s not all, because you will also find the answers to all the questions you have about using this device.
the best pasta machines Reviews and Buying Guide 2022
Marcato Atlas pasta machine made in Italy
Featured in the ranking of the most famous pasta machines in the world, the Marcato Atlas is designed with stainless steel which guarantees its durability and reliability in use. Ideal for the preparation of fresh pasta, it offers the possibility of adjusting the thickness of the preparation thanks to the integrated handle. In use, it is very stable to help you succeed more easily in your recipes.
In order to simplify the choice of the thickness of the pasta, the machine is accompanied by a dial comprising 9 positions which is handled with ease.
All the essential accessories for the preparation are included, namely the tongs with plastic handle, knives and the crank.
The materials used, such as aluminum and stainless steel, are selected to produce healthy preparations and to optimize the durability of the machine.
- Overall dimensions20.3×20.3×17.8cm
- The machine offers a wide range of preparations since it makes it possible to obtain spaghetti, tagliolini or even fettuccine.
- The rollers have rough surfaces allowing for porous doughs that absorb sauce effectively.
- The manufacturer takes care to provide a well-detailed instruction manual. Not to mention the recipe book which is also available for purchase.
- Some buyers claim that the machines that the rollers weren’t aligned properly and there were no plastic spacers either.
- The clamp used to fix the machine to the counter is not easy to install during the first uses according to several customers.
KitchenAid set of 3 rollers KSMPRA
In order to simplify the choice of the thickness of the pasta, the machine is accompanied by a dial comprising 9 positions which is handled with ease. This works with the KitchenAid Stand Mixer. Many users appreciate it for its versatility since it is equipped with a system for adjusting the thickness of the pasta on 8 levels.
This 3-piece rolling pin that helps you easily make fresh pasta. It can also guarantee the speed of preparations.
The manufacturer also provides rollers and knives made of stainless steel to guarantee smooth rolling and to optimize the cleanliness of the cut.
The manufacturer favors stainless steel for the construction of this machine in order to improve its resistance to corrosion and guarantee a better lifespan.
- Overall dimensions24.6×9.7×5.6cm
- The use is greatly facilitated because it is not necessary to get help, whatever the type of preparation to be made.
- This machine is completed with the accessories offered like the spaghetti cutter, the fettuccine cutter, the rolling pin and the cleaning brush.
- The measurements of this device are well thought out so that it does not clutter up the work plan, and it is easy to store.
- The drive rod integrated into this machine does not seem strong enough according to the comments of some users
- This appliance is particularly sensitive to rust, therefore care must be taken to ensure that it does not come into contact with water.
- The use of this device is quite limited since it is only used with a stand mixer from the KitchenAid brand.
Joseph Strauss stainless steel pasta maker
Joseph Strauss offers this very high quality pasta maker to anyone who loves to cook. Designed to facilitate the preparation of pasta, it benefits from a very good manufacturing quality with the use of stainless steel. By adopting it, it is very easy to make Fettuccini or Spaghetti.
The kneading is optimized with rollers made of steel that are able to guarantee the desired result.
It is possible to customize the result obtained with the machine. Indeed, it is equipped with a process of adjustment of the thickness on 7 levels.
The machine makes it easy to prepare delicious homemade pasta, as it is very easy to use.
- Overall dimensions21x20x16cm
- MarkJoseph Strauss
- With this machine, it becomes easy to prepare all kinds of pasta such as Fettuccini and Spaghetti to please all family members.
- This device is well thought out down to the smallest detail to take up as little space as possible in storage thanks to the removable handle and clamp.
- If you don’t yet have an idea of the preparations you can make, just look at the recipe booklet offered.
- The handle cannot fit into one of the holes built into the device despite several attempts by some users.
- Unfortunately, the user manual that accompanies the machine is largely in English, much to the regret of buyers.
Ovente ACPPA7000S Ravioli PA515 Series
Thanks to this device, the preparation of homemade ravioli has never been so easy. Simply attach it to the counter with the accessories offered. In addition, you are free to use all the fillings you want, because in any case the flavor is there. In terms of manufacturing, the machine is made with carbon, stainless steel, plastic and wood which enhance its durability.
This accessory can be used with the entire collection of pasta machines measuring 150 mm from the Ovente PA515 series.
Everyone can freely choose the ingredients to use to fill the ravioli, in fact the possibilities are no longer limited to meat and cheese.
Fixing this accessory to the counter is very simple, because the manufacturer has taken care to provide a crank and a vice.
- Overall dimensions17.3×12.7×9.9cm
- Once the machine is launched, it allows you to have small ravioli pads that peel off easily.
- The use of this device is limited to placing the sheet of dough above the wooden rollers before adding the filling and turning the crank.
- For cleaning, simply scrub with a dry brush to remove food remains between the rollers.
- The optional dough cutter no longer cuts properly after only a few weeks of use.
- The cutter rollers become less smooth over time. It is therefore necessary to regularly add a few drops of oil.
Imperia pasta maker steel construction with dial
Manufactured by one of the best designers of pasta machines, this model is known for its high quality which defines its lifespan. Anyway, it is also appreciated for its great ease of use. It allows you to make the tastiest pasta. To do this, each user can choose the thickness and consistency of the dough he prepares.
To ensure the strength and durability of this machine, it is constructed with chrome steel. As for the handle, it is made of metal to loosen the dough.
The possibilities of preparations offered on this device are diversified. It allows you to make wide fettuccini or thin spaghetti according to your choice.
It is very easy and quick to lock the adjustment wheel if necessary in order to optimize the quality of the dough obtained.
- Overall dimensions20.4×18.3×15.7cm
- It is possible to prepare a greater variety of pasta thanks to the other accessories that are offered separately.
- A dough recipe book is offered with each purchase to give you ideas on the different possible preparations or to expand your knowledge.
- The pasta prepared with this machine is fully customizable, whether in terms of thickness or consistency.
- It often happens that the roller gets stuck when it is set to position 6. Faced with this, you have to limit yourself to the other 5 levels.
- The first use is quite restrictive and it is necessary to have help to stabilize the machine and make the pasta a success.
- Many users find it difficult to turn the knob to change the thickness of the dough, even when following the manufacturer’s recommendations.
Marcato Atlas 180 pasta machine
Recommended for stretching all kinds of pasta, this machine is equipped with an 18 cm wide sheeter. In addition, it facilitates the cutting of spaghetti, tagliatelle and noodle pasta. On the other hand, users can choose the thickness of their dough thanks to the 10 spacing positions of the sheeter rollers.
In order to reinforce the lifespan and above all the resistance of this machine to use, it is equipped with a structure and gears which are made of steel.
This is one of the most versatile machines on the market thanks to the choice of different dough thicknesses and the possibility of making all kinds of noodles.
Composed mainly of quality materials such as steel or ABS, this device guarantees prolonged use, whatever the frequency.
- Overall dimensions24.1×20.3×16.2cm
- To reduce the effort required when using this machine, it can be motorized using the PATATPLASMOT motor.
- The manufacturer provides instructions for maintaining this machine to keep it in good condition and reduce the risk of wear.
- The assembly and use of this equipment are facilitated so that everyone can adopt it more easily after purchase.
- No pasta cutter attachment is offered with this machine. This forces customers to buy them separately at a rather substantial price.
- The manual is not thorough enough, as information related to attachments and usage options are not mentioned.
- Many users find it difficult to turn the knob to change the thickness of the dough, even when following the manufacturer’s recommendations
Marcato Atlas 150 pasta machine
This manual pasta machine is suitable for the preparation of different kinds of pasta such as tagliolini, fettuccine and lasagna. It is manufactured by Marcato, an expert brand that is recognized for the high quality and also the design of its machines. The Mercato Atlas 150 is built with robust and reliable materials that fully respect the health of users.
The parts of the machine which are in contact with the dough are made of aluminum alloy to avoid the release of harmful metal during the preparation.
A polymer resin coating covers the gears and the cup to prevent the production of dust following the phenomenon of friction.
A device for regulating the thickness of the dough is available. Users can choose between the 10 levels offered which vary from 0.2 to 2 mm.
- Overall dimensions20.3x14x20.3cm.
- The assembly of this machine is accessible to everyone. Also, the parts are easily disassembled for maintenance.
- It is possible to electrify the Marcato Atlas 150. To do this, all you have to do is buy a Marcato Pastadrive motor which therefore takes the place of the crank.
- The Marcato Atlas 150 is the machine with the most accessories. In total there are 13 accessories that you can order separately.
- During the first use, it is necessary to prepare a paste to be thrown and passed between the rollers and the cutting accessories to remove the lubricating grease from the gears.
Gourmex manual pasta machine in stainless steel
From now on, everyone can easily prepare fresh pasta to enjoy at any time thanks to this pasta machine. It displays a quality of manufacture which makes it possible to satisfy all users. Designed in stainless steel of choice, it benefits from an unequaled robustness which guarantees its lifespan. This one also has a double cutting head which is used for the preparation of spaghetti or large fettuccine.
This machine can satisfy all user needs thanks to its thickness adjustment system which is adjustable in 7 positions.
Given its small size, this device does not create any storage-related constraints since it takes up very little space.
Combining a design that is both sleek and elegant, this machine is meticulously made to adapt to all kitchens.
- Overall dimensions22x20x16cm.
- It only takes a few minutes to successfully assemble this product, since the instructions are well detailed.
- A clamp and a removable handle are provided to complete the package and make use much more practical.
- To take full advantage of this machine and easily make all kinds of preparations, a recipe book is offered.
- Despite a good adjustment, the machine does not offer good pasta for making spaghetti according to the complaints of several buyers.
- It is not indicated if it is possible to motorize this machine, however this constitutes a big point for its use.
- The manufacturer does not offer enough accessories for users to prepare a greater variety of dough.
Adopt a new way of eating with this dough maker from KitchenAid. This is an Italian-made device that simply oozes quality. The parts in contact with the dough are made of stainless steel to eliminate all health risks. In addition, this device makes it possible to prepare delicious pasta in a very short time.
With this device, it is very easy to save time in the preparation of pasta since it is compatible with KitchenAid stand mixers.
There are 6 interchangeable discs supplied with the device. They allow you to make large and small macaroni, fusilli, rigatoni, bucatini and spaghetti.
It is no longer necessary to fetch a knife or scissors to cut the dough since a wire cutter is offered.
- Overall dimensions 12.2×14.5×21.3cm.
- No major effort is required during preparation, because this device is simply powered by a KitchenAid mixer.
- Despite its efficiency, this machine assembles easily and quickly. In addition, handling is also simplified.
- This is a device that can be used for years before giving up the ghost due to its robust design and the quality of the materials.
- The maintenance of this machine can be very tedious, especially when the dough contains more water compared to the recommended dose.
- For the preparation of the spaghetti, it is necessary to put the beater at its maximum speed. However, the device quickly becomes very noisy at this time.
How to choose a pasta machine?
Choosing a pasta maker doesn’t have to be difficult, as long as you do some research beforehand. Indeed, the current market is full of countless models that have more or less different specificities. You must then know the important points that make it possible to locate the right device . In appearance, all machines offered on the market are similar, yet some may meet your needs and others may not. By browsing this article, you will therefore have all the essential information in hand before you start buying.
How to use a Pasta Machine?
Making fresh pasta yourself is now possible thanks to the pasta machine. Moreover, more and more French people prefer to eat healthier food in order to avoid all kinds of illnesses. Indeed, the industrial pastes marketed in supermarkets are not always appreciated because of the presence of artificial components such as preservatives for example. Thus, making homemade pasta is a good alternative and to do this, you need to equip yourself with a machine .
If you’ve just received yours, it’s the best time to learn the right steps to get it right the first time. In addition, be aware that the use of this type of device is far from complicated. Although it usually comes with a manual, we want to give you these tips to quickly master its use.
Fix the machine
In the first step of using a pasta maker, start by securing it to the counter. To do this, use the mounting accessories supplied with the device. Make sure that it is in place and above all that it is stable. Indeed, the success of the preparation largely depends on the correct location of the machine. If necessary and to avoid errors during installation, do not hesitate to ask your relatives for help.
Soften the dough
Once the machine is in place, now focus on the dough in question. To start, prepare the dough according to the necessary ingredients such as flour, egg and water. When mixing is complete, first set the desired coarseness and insert the dough into the flattening roller. Then turn the crank to crush it more easily if it is a manual machine. After that, fold the dough back on itself and iron again in the same roller. Do not hesitate to repeat the operation until the dough is smooth and supple.
Cut the dough
When the dough is well flattened, pass it through the second roller intended for cutting. Use the accessory of your choice to achieve the desired result. Simply turn the crank to cut the dough into the shape you are looking for. On the other hand, if it is an electric pasta machine, everything is much easier. Put all the ingredients for the preparation of the dough inside the tank. After that, the machine automatically takes care of kneading and cutting according to your settings.
Clean the pasta machine
After each use, remember to maintain your pasta machine. However, avoid the use of water which can rust the system or cleaning products such as dishwashing liquid. Use a paper towel to dry the scrapers and a kitchen brush with stiff bristles to get into tight areas. Also, ask about the possibility of fully opening the machine to facilitate maintenance.
Pasta Maker FAQ
Is it necessary to dry fresh pasta?
Drying fresh pasta is not mandatory, however this practice is recommended. It is then enough to leave them between 30 to 60 min in the open air so that they harden slightly. In this way, it is easy to have the “al dente” texture which is highly sought after by all cooks. However, nothing prevents you from cooking the pasta you have just prepared directly. Also, it is possible to give a harder and more brittle aspect to the pasta by using a dryer. Learn more
How to give color to pasta?
To vary the pleasures of eating, it is indeed possible to color the fresh pasta according to your wishes. It is a very simple operation to carry out, because it is enough to mix the ingredient allowing to give color to pasta like spinach or beetroot. Then you must filter the preparation before adding it to the egg which will be mixed with the flour. Saffron is also ideal for bringing a beautiful yellow color. Otherwise, it is possible to pour the tomato sauce directly to obtain a very red result. Learn more
Why is it not recommended to wash the dough machine with water?
This practice is not recommended, because when the internal areas of the pasta machine are not properly dried, there will be rust that will automatically form. At this time, when you prepare the pasta, it inevitably becomes impregnated with rust and becomes inedible. To remedy this, simply use a brush with hard bristles to clean the rollers. If possible, completely disassemble the device so that you can reach all the hard-to-reach parts. Learn more
How much does a pasta machine cost?
For the acquisition of a good quality pasta machine which is accompanied by the basic cutting accessories, it will be necessary to pay around 40 to 60 euros. This is the general rate for appliances designed in stainless steel which benefit from a longer lifespan. As for the electric model, it costs two to three times more than a manual copy. However, it is complete thanks to the accessories that accompany it. In addition, you just have to add all the ingredients in the compartment intended for this purpose and the device takes care of the rest. Learn more
Why doesn’t the electric pasta maker work?
This could be due to incorrect assembly of the compartment cover. To remedy this, it is necessary to check that the safety pins are properly inserted inside the holes. Otherwise, you may have put too much flour inside the compartment. Therefore, review the recommended amount and adjust the tank contents. Also, the malfunction of the machine may be caused by the jamming of the mixing spatula. It will then be necessary to check that the latter is not hindered by a foreign body. Learn more